Unattended Child Policy
The Mitchellville Public Library encourages children to experience the collections, services, and programs it offers. The following guidelines ensure their use of the Library is a positive and safe experience.
- A child is expected to abide by the Library's Service Policy.
- The Library is not responsible for the actions, supervision, or safety of a child or for guiding or monitoring a child's use of the Library.
- A child of 8 years of age or younger must be attended and supervised by a caregiver at all times. A caregiver must be 14 years of age or older.
- Library staff will attempt to contact a child's caregiver if:
- a child of 8 years of age or younger is in the Library unattended.
- a child under 14 years of age is in the Library unattended at the time of closing.
Failure to comply may result in the suspension of Library privileges, which includes exclusion from Library property.